Sunday, April 19, 2009

A week with family

Man - I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted! But the nagging coming from my mother has finally caught up with me and I am attempting a return to regular posting. My parents came out during my Dad's spring break and brought a cousin from Germany to visit. The last time Ariane came, it was December and it was miserable outside. This time she wanted to see Vegas and spend a little time in Lund. We took her on a 4 wheeler ride,

and horse ride and then down to Vegas to see the tourist spots. We stayed with Cam's cousin down in Vegas and they were soooo great to us. Fortunately for us, we convinced their daughter Brittany to be our tour guide. She took us to see the lions at the MGM,

and the chocolate factory at the Bellagio,

Ariane later blogged that she wasn't as thrilled by the lights and traffic as most people are. But she was glad that she did it all. My parents kept the kids while the three of us went to Vegas - which was like a little vacation! My parents and my kids seemed to really enjoy the week together. It was a really great week for all of us.

5 comments:

jenica said...

way fun! i miss you guys.

xoxo

Leigh said...

Good to see you up and blogging again...I was beginning to get worried. I was hoping nothing was wrong.

Vilate Thacker said...

So did you take her up to see the Temple and the view from there?

Horsley5 said...

Actually we pointed it out as we went by on Nellis, but only we went - but I did try to invite her to hear more, but she said no thanks - too bad!

EmmaJ said...

That is such a great picture of you and Cam at the chocolate factory. You both look so sweet... HA HA! Get it? Sweet?!
OK, not that funny, but I had to type it.