Sunday, April 26, 2009

Paige's Birthday Party And More Family . . .

Starting at the top: Hyrum, Paige, Olivia, Karlie, Khloe, baby Ben, Hannah, Abigail and Collette



Hyrum's special frosting mustache - such messy fun!




A few days after my parents left our house my sister and her family came out to visit. It was a lot of fun to have the cousins back together - it's been 4 years since they came out here. While they were here it was Paige's birthday and we decided to go ahead with the party - hey what's a few more kids, right? My sister had the great idea to have the kids frost cupcakes for Paige's party and that was a big hit. Mostly for the 1 year olds! Hilarious! They just went in face first.



The next activity was Paige's suggestion - hide a bunch of old horseshoes. We did and the kids seemed to love it. It's always the simple things that make them so happy. Here's everyone searching and the final result:



On to the final phase: the unicorn pinata. This pinata was made by angels just for Paige - that's the only way I can explain it. We were walking out the door to take Ariane down to Vegas when Paige tells me that she has to have a unicorn pinata -
or else she'll die!! I was as shocked as the next person over the fact that unicorn pinatas have life preserving capabilities, but I told her I would look (knowing full well I have never seen one in Wal-Mart). But my daughter had full faith and there it was at the store with a ray of light beaming down on it from heaven. The only one there and of course it cost more than any of the others (the extra light bill?). Anyway - the kids also loved this part because it spews candy when ever someone finally beats it hard enough. Because nothing says fun, fun, fun like blunt force trauma to an inanimate pony. Aren't we supposed to be avoiding this kind of violence? One day a year can't be so bad, right? It's tradition after all.



After the party finally wound down, the missionaries came by for dinner - Cam made about 10 lbs of pizza and finally the day was done. Busy, but fantastic! I will be spotlighting Paige and Hyrum here in a couple of days when I can catch my breath.
The day my Sis left, the day was finally nice enough to let the kids go for a ride on the horse. They were so cute and seemed to enjoy the short rides around the yard. The guys watched the babies,



while Laura did the packing and the older kids took turns on the horse. I was sooo glad that my Sis's fam could come out and celebrate with us. We had a blast!

5 comments:

Vilate Thacker said...

Man, your little hannah is a doll! love the piggy tails! That is so funny about the Parks, I will have to tell Vaughn he will get a kick out of that. Yeah, hannah really liked them! :)
Tell Paige we are sorry we weren't there to party with her! They are growing up so fast huh?

Laura said...

Way cute picture at the end with Abigail and Paige. I haven't even put my pictures from my camera into my computer....can you say new high stress calling???

Leigh said...

Looks like you had a TON of fun. Paige is beautiful (I especially like the photo of her on the horse)

Jill said...

Sounds like a really fun party. I'm loving all the pictures of your cute kids.

Jen said...

Okay, did you implement a pink-only dress code for the girls at this birthday party?! :-)