Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dog Lazy Days

I know I have been a blogging slacker for a really long time and it can only be blamed on being lazy, but when I went to download pics tonight and the camera says, "download all new? 104" - That's really pathetic.

First is the new dog. I am not overly excited about this. I don't really like new puppies, I would so much rather get an older, housebroken, non-chewing, non-digging dog. But this was Cam's choice and he picked another Aussie that is crossed with a Great Pyrenees. She's kinda large. I'm a little nervous of her size and that the Great Pyr is not a very social dog. Well, those are my thoughts and now I get to post the pics for my family that are all looking for pics of Koda to match her large description. Oh - she was born the day before Thanksgiving. That makes 8 weeks tomorrow and the seat of the couch sits at 7.5 inches.



Next, we are potty training . . ok, it's really is a joint effort between me, Paige and Hyrum. The kids have been great about the whole thing. They also get some M&M's every time they sit with Hannah while she sits. I told Cam that he gets a half day with Hannah on his days off and he just grunted - we'll see. So far - mixed reviews - 1st day: great with only one accident in the undies. today - horrible with going better towards the end of the day. It's hard though because I've never done a kid who was still taking naps. She is finally into a big kid bed, but I am doing diapers during the nap. Any suggestions for this? PS - I DESPISE POTTY TRAINING!!!!!


Last - here are the evidence pics for Cam's choice of snack 3 mins before we are due to leave for church:

You are correct if you guessed Ding Dongs. What was he thinking???? I told him we have carrot sticks in the fridge if they need a snack. Not to mention - in their Christmas dresses! Needless to say - he got to sit by them in Church while they bounced around in the pew.

Oh - and by the way - I did not send out Christmas cards this year, again, just becuase I am so incredibly lazy. But, I did love all of yours - so thanks for thinking of us and I haven't given up on the idea just yet. I did send out Valentines cards one year. I needed to say this just to relieve some guilt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Potty training -- I just soon work with puppies than children - puppies are much quicker.
Cute new member of the family, you couldn't stay upset at that adorable face. Oh, yes the kids are cute too.
Always enjoy your blog and the pictures of the family. Oh what inquisitive eyes your children have, the fun they must have.

Candice said...

A-dorable doggy! Such a sweet face!

I wonder who would win a contest between you and I called "who hates potty training more?" My skin crawled just thinking of you having to go through it. ugh. Keep your eye on the prize though!

Leigh said...

Good luck! We put a 'nap diaper' on Abigail for a few months until she consistently woke up dry. Same story with night-time. Currently she still has a 'night diaper' and wakes up 7 out of 8 mornings dry. We tried a few nights without it and of course had to wash everything. I wouldn't be so opposed if we had a washer and dryer. Oh well.
Good luck!!

I've also heard that if they don't 'get it' within a week, stop and try again in a few months.

Vilate Thacker said...

your doggy looks fun! The dog we have is a gPry. We love her! she is awesome! couldn't ask for a better dog.
On the Potty training. I do diapers during nap time for a long time before I let them start in undies. Daphne is down to just diapers at night now! whoo-hoo! Good luck! And don't yo love that it can be a family effort now and not just you?