Thursday, February 7, 2008

Saturday Sleigh Ride



Last Saturday morning I finally convinced my husband and father in law to get the sleigh out and hitch up the team (it only took me 4 weeks!) In their defense, it is a lot of work! But they finally did and we had the best time! They threw on a couple of hay bales and some blankets and off we went. I love the snow and it has finally snowed enough that the sleigh could go all over town. It has been too long since we've had it out - and it had a lot of wear that needed some repairing before it could go, so I guess it's a really good thing I married into a very handy family. We rode around for only a couple of hours, but that was more than enough to wear out Bonnie (on the left) and Penny (right). I love having a family that is so knowledgeable about horses and an old way of life. So here's another great reason to live in Lund!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

that looks like a lot of fun. Maybe if we come out to Lund in the winter time we'll have to do that.

Horsley5 said...

Absolutely! I bet your kids would love it! You guys need to come own again!

EmmaJ said...

That looks so fun! I wish we had snow... but I like the warm weather and water too!

Brooke said...

mindy--so fun to see your blog! sledding looks like lots of fun :) i was snowshoeing last week and got to slide down the mountain a ways on my bum. think that's the closest to sledding i've been in years!